8th Franco-German Photo Competition 2023
The 2023 Franco-German Photography Competition will be held on the theme of "Freedom". Applications are possible until March 30, 2023.
The Franco-German Photography Competition is a photo competition for students from Germany and France, jointly organised by the DSW, the Cnous, the Studentenwerke and the Crous. In 2023, it will take place on the theme of "Freedom". Applications are still possible until the 30th of March 2023!
The photography competition aims to strengthen Franco-German friendship, promote artistic and international activities among students, and support the international activities of the Crous and Studentenwerke through the DSW and the Cnous.
Students can apply until March 30, 2023 via the project’s page https://www.concours-wettbewerb.eu/de/.
The competition also serves to produce a German-French touring exhibition that will be shown in parallel in the Crous and Student Unions between autumn 2023 and summer 2024. This way, the photo competition aims to promote students' creative forms of expression and while strengthening their commitment to Franco-German friendship.
The best productions will be submitted to a binational jury, which will select the winners of the competition in May 2023.
1st prize: 1,000 €
2nd prize: 500 €
3rd prize: Franco-German Friendship Prize / Prix coup de coeur franco-allemand (without prize money) for a particularly successful commitment to Franco-German friendship.
The jury will select the exhibited works and the prize winners on the basis of the following criteria:
- Relevance of the photographic work to the theme
- Creative thematic treatment of the topic
- Overcoming clichés, ingrained ways of thinking and prejudices
- Technical quality of the photograph
Conditions of participation:
- The photo competition is open to all students of legal age who are enrolled at a German or French university.
- Digital black-and-white and colour photos in JPG (*.jpg) format with a minimum resolution of 2362px X 3544px and a size of at least 3 MB may be submitted.
- The quality of the photographic material should be sufficient for the exhibition (print format 20x30 cm).
- Only one photo per participating person can be submitted.
Here you can find more information about the exhibition, the conditions of participation and the procedure of the competition: https://www.concours-wettbewerb.eu/de/